Links & Resources Library
When a loved one is newly receiving home care, it can be intimidating if you’re unfamiliar with the process or their condition. We want to help make your caregiving experience as seamless as possible by providing you with the resources you need.
Recommended Alzheimer readings and articles:
- New Advances in Home Care Technology for Seniors (Caring People)
- High blood pressure may increase dementia riskWandering and Alzheimer’s (Medical News Today)
- Alzheimer’s and dementia: What’s the difference? (Mayo Clinic)
- What not to say to somebody with dementia (Alzheimer’s Society)
- Types of Dementia (Alzheimer’s Association)
Connect to our partners in Eldercare:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- The Alzheimer’s Store
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Stroke Association & National Stroke Association
- Arthritis Association
- Heart Failure Information and Education – American Heart Association
- Heart Failure Society of America
- Hoarding Connection of Cuyahoga County
Hanson Services offers continuing education programs.
Be the Best Caregiver You Can Be
To be a part of the caregiving community, we need to always be at the top of our game. That’s why we offer training classes every month for our caregivers.
You’ll learn about a variety of topics including:
- Stress solutions and practical tools for caregivers to relieve stress and improve well being
- Different forms of dementia, prevention strategies, and the latest research developments
- Understanding unpredictable behavior in those with dementia
- Insights and resources to help clients successfully transition home after a hospitalization or in-patient rehab
If you haven’t completed the courses yet, be sure to sign up soon!
To sign up for caregiver programs, call (216) 226-5425.
Hanson Services also offers CEU continuing education classes for professionals in the healthcare industry. We provide a range of six live-lecture courses, two of which are available online.
We also offer non-credit courses which are open to community organizations. These can be shortened and customized to fit your needs as you try to keep up with all there is to learn about later-life care. You can find out more about these classes through the links below:
If your loved one is receiving home care – from Hanson Services or any other care service – and you would like to better understand how to care for them, we can help with that as well. Our Education Director will be more than happy to sit down with you and walk you through what you need to know.
To schedule an education course or a one-on-one session, call (216) 226-5425.